What language is Bier?
More German-English translations of Bier.
Simply so What is a bier in the Bible? A bier is a stand on which a corpse, coffin, or casket containing a corpse is placed to lie in state or to be carried to the grave. In Christian burial, the bier is often placed in the centre of the nave with candles surrounding it, and remains in place during the funeral.
What is the meaning of Beir? Acronym. Definition. BEIR. Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiations.
also How do I pronounce bier?
What is the synonym of bier?
In this page you can discover 14 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for bier, like: coffin, casket, litter, pyre, sarcophagus, grave, support, crucifix, tieck, pall and hearse.
How do you use bier in a sentence? Bier sentence example
- The body, when put upon the bier , is covered over from head to foot. …
- His body was dragged from the bier , while being conveyed to the funeral pile, and treated with the greatest indignity. …
- And he came and touched the bier , and the bearers stood still.
Is bier German for beer?
Bier → beer, bier.
What is the meaning of bier in Punjabi? Punjabi Meaning. ਤਾਬੂਤ, ਅਰਥੀ a stand to support a corpse or a coffin prior to burial / a coffin along with its stand / A handbarrow or portable frame on which a corpse is placed or borne to the grave. /
What does Bier spell?
Definition of bier
1 : a stand on which a corpse or coffin is placed also : a coffin together with its stand. 2 archaic : a framework for carrying.
How is Gaol pronounced? The short answer, according to Oxford Dictionaries online, is that the word “gaol” was “originally pronounced with a hard g, as in goat.” Here’s a fuller answer. “Etymologically, a jail is a ‘little cage,’ ” John Ayto says in his Dictionary of Word Origins.
What is the opposite of bier?
Antonyms. disallow forbid sit down lie.
Where does the word catafalque come from? catafalque (n.)
Perhaps from Vulgar Latin *catafalicum, from Greek kata “down” (see cata-), used in Medieval Latin with a sense of “beside, alongside” + fala “scaffolding, wooden siege tower,” a word said to be of Etruscan origin.
What is the synonym of forsake?
The words abandon and desert are common synonyms of forsake. While all three words mean “to leave without intending to return,” forsake suggests an action more likely to bring impoverishment or bereavement to that which is forsaken than its exposure to physical dangers.
How do you use billed in a sentence?
having a beak or bill as specified.
- Some patients are receiving what has been billed as a revolutionary treatment.
- He was billed as the new Tom Cruise.
- The businessman was billed for delinquent taxes.
- The management billed the play for a week.
- I was billed for equipment that I didn’t order.
What is the sentence of blew? The storm blew up. A cold wind blew in. The northern wind blew all day. My grandpa blew out all 97 candles on his birthday cake.
How do you use chaff in a sentence? Chaff in a Sentence
- The pawn store owner refused to buy the thief’s chaff because it was worthless.
- Since Ann believed her doll collection was very valuable, she was shocked when the expert told her the dolls were chaff.
- The woman was not upset about the robbery because she knew only chaff had been stolen.
What is the best German beer sold in America?
- #1. Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier.
- #2. Erdinger Kristall.
- #3. Spaten Oktoberfest.
- #4. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier.
- #5. Paulaner Salvator Doppel Bock.
- #6. Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock.
- #7. Augustiner Hell.
- #8. Berliner Weisse.
How do you say give me a beer in German?
How do you order two beers in German?
Now that you’re up on the beer lingo, it’s time for you to go out into the beer gardens of Germany.
There are a few basic German phrases you can use:
- Ich hätte gern ein … …
- Ich nehme ein… …
- Ein …, …
- Zwei mal, bitte (tsvai mal, bit-tuh): “Two, please”
What does Bir mean in Punjabi? Indian (Panjab): Hindu (Khatri) and Sikh name meaning ‘brother‘, ‘hero’ (from Sanskrit vira ‘brave’, ‘heroic’).
What is an open bier?
noun. A movable frame on which a coffin or a corpse is placed before burial or cremation or on which it is carried to the grave. ‘The body is carried to the grave in an open bier, followed by the funeral party, which is all male.
What is a refectory? A refectory is a large room in a school, university, or other institution, where meals are served and eaten.